After many different surgical procedures, physical therapy can and should be employed to help ensure a more rapid and complete recovery. The benefits of Physical Therapy include:
- Increased blood flow and lymphatic drainage to the injured area.
- Early resolution of inflammation.
- Increased production of healing compounds.
- Prevention of joint contraction.
- Promotion of normal joint function.
- Prevention or minimize muscle loss.
- Positive psychological effects for the animal and owner.
Dr. Ann Cook had been trained to use Physical Therapy to help heal your pet. Even if your pet has surgery at your veterinarian's office, Dr. Cook will be happy to accept your referral for Physical Therapy treatment. Just one more way, Biloxi Animal Hospital brings wellness to your pet.